The Tara Center is located on Daufuskie Island between Savannah, GA and Hilton Head, SC. This
idyllic isle is on the National Register of Historic Places, is only accessible by water and is one of the last wild islands left on the Eastern Seaboard. Our building is nestled in the live oaks on an quiet corner of the island, only 8 minutes by golf cart to our beautiful, often deserted, Atlantic Ocean beach.
Our standard retreat wll run from Friday afternoon thru Tuesday morning. Scientists have proven that 3 days spent away from civilization in nature, completely unplugged, creates positive change in your brain waves - a principle called "The 3 Day Effect". I have personally experienced this effect, and it can work wonders! It is my belief that we can re-create this effect here, hence, the Friday to Tuesday format. I know it can be a big commitment to take more than a weekend away from your career, family and or busy schedule, but trust me you are worth it! Any time away is good, but I believe that it is important to give this time to yourself for a total reset. If you woud like to come, but cannot take the 5 days - click the link at the bottom for other workshop, group or 1 on 1 training opportunities we offer.
Private room $1,250/person
Shared room (2 per room) $1,000/person
We require a $250 deposit to hold a space in a retreat. The balance is due by 30 days from the start date. We offer a 10% discount if you pay in full more than 6 weeks from the start date of your retreat.
The Tara Center is a small, intimate facility. We can accomodate up to 10 people per session. All participants will be sharing bathrooms. We supply all linens, towels, and blowdryers. Our retreat rates include -
1. WE DO HAVE 2 LARGE, FRIENDLY DOGS AND YOU WILL BE LIVING WITH THEM DURING THIS RETREAT. IF YOU HAVE ALLERGIES OR AN ISSUE WITH DOGS, THIS IS PROBABLY NOT AN APPROPRIATE VENUE FOR YOU.
2. WE ARE NOT AN ADA COMPLIANT FACILITY. YOU MUST CLIMB 5 STEPS TO ENTER THE BUILDING AND THE MAIN STUDIO/CLASSROOM IS UPSTAIRS ON THE SECOND FLOOR.
3. COVID POLICIES: WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO CREATE EXPERIENCES OUTSIDE AND OR WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING. PARTICIPANTS ARE WELCOME TO WEAR MASKS AS THEY SEE FIT, BUT WE WILL NOT REQUIRE THEM INSIDE THE CENTER. OUR SURFACES AND AREAS ARE CLEANED AND SANITIZED, WE HAVE 3 HVAC ZONES AND USE HIGH EFFICIENCY FILTERS. THAT BEING SAID, WE ARE STILL A SMALLER FACILITY AND ACTIVITIES ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT.
COVID cancellations - If any National, State, local and/or airline COVID restrictions or quarantine requirements cause you to have to cancel your trip, we will refund all fees paid (minus any CC/service fees incurred by the Tara Center), right up until the day before your retreat starts. (Or, we will also give you the option to forward your total paid to another future retreat and not lose the fees cost.)
Regular cancellation policy: As our world returns to normal, our regular cancellation fees are as follows - Any cancellation received with more than 30 days before the retreat start date will generate a 100% refund minus any cc or processing fees incurred by The Tara Center. Any cancellations received with less than the 30 days but not less than 7 days before the start date will be refunded, minus a $100 registration fee. (If we have a waiting list of participants, or are able to fill the slot at the same rate, we may be able to issue a full refund.) Any participant who cancels within 7 days will not be refunded. For this reason, we recommend that you purchase trip insurance for you own protection.
The button below will take you to our booking site. Use the booking code shown in the retreat descriptions below to unlock the retreat dates. Enter the first and last day of the retreat and click on search. All available rooms will show up. A $250 deposit/person will be required at booking
For more info or to book a retreat, contact PJ at (847) 370-1700 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Retreat Dates: TBD Booking Code: TBD
SPECIAL OFFERING FOR DECEMBER AND 2022 SCHEDULE COMING SOON!
At The Tara Center, we live by the 80/20 motto. 80% of the time we rest well, eat clean foods and practice a mindful, healthy lifestyle. The other 20% is for eating the foods we love, dancing down at the marina, having the glass of wine or chocolate martini, and indulging in the things that make us smile!